Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sermon comparisons


The themes between Borghardt's sermon Edward's sermon are very different. Borhardt's sermon is what Christ did for us. He talks about how Christ will come and call our names. He talks about how Christ ROSE for us so that we may live with Him and the saints. In Edward's sermon he says that we are condemned. He only refers to God’s wrath, not what Jesus has done for us. He discusses how we are sinners in the hands of an angry God. Edward should not be so harsh and should share the Gospel for a more effective sermon.

6 comments:

  1. I like your discussion of why sermons should be centered around Christ and not as much about condemning the people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the comparison between the two sermons on how you said what they refered to.I liked the comparison between the two sermons. I also did a similar comparison between the two sermons as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joshua,
    I like how you put Rose in capital letters. It put emphasis on what Christ did for us and the fact that Edward's neglected to explain this in further detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your quote: "He only refers to God’s wrath, not what Jesus has done for us." It shows how much Edward's lacked gospel, while Borghardt preached of God's grace and mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you referenced specific examples used by Borghardt to portray our Lord's mercy and love. Also, I appreciate that you gave advice as to how to make Edward's sermon more effective, because not many other blogs did so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings Joshua. I like how you emphasized that Borghardt's sermon talked about what Christ did for us, rather than our own actions.

    ReplyDelete